Choose Wilmington CUSD
Wilmington is located in the tight-knit community of the same name, just over an hour southwest of Chicago. We are proud of our roots and work tirelessly to maintain the academic rigor and success our community expects.
The state of Illinois recently raised the bar on academic achievement in an effort to prepare our students for the Illinois Learning Standards. We took on the challenge of increasing our expectations of our students and pushed forward with great success. District-wide, we watched our students flourish and know that they will academically achieve even more in the years to come.
2016 Academic Highlights
- Wilmington fifth grade students scored higher than the state average in reading and writing on the 2016 PARCC assessments.
- When compared to the state averages on the 2016 reading and language arts PARCC assessment, Wilmington eighth grade students outperformed the students throughout the state by an average of ten percent.
- Wilmington High School students continue to outscore the state on the English/language arts PARCC assessment.
- The average score for Wilmington High School students that took the ACT on one of the national test dates was 23. The national average is 21.
- The high school regularly has 10 or more students recognized as Illinois State Scholars.
- 85% of the students in the class of 2016 are attending either a 2 or 4-year college.